There is nothing more lovely as smelling gingerbread scent circulating around the kitchen. These simple holiday biscuits do not just taste great and amazing, they are fairly easy to make as well.
The Foundation of Your Gingerbread Project
The ingredients needed are easy to find too.
- 2tsp ground ginger
- 3 1/2tbsp golden syrup
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 60g light soft brown sugar
- 75g butter
- 175g plain flour
Instructions to Make Your Gingerbread
To make your own gingerbread, here are the instructions.
- Combine the light brown sugar, golden syrup and butter to pan. Stir it on low heat until dissolving sugar.
- Add bicarbonate soda, ginger and flour to the mixing bowl and stir them. Create a well in the middle and pour the batter.
- Stir both together until you form a dough.
- Wrap it in cling film and let it rest for 30 minutes until it rises.
- Lay your dough between sheets of parchment paper. Lightly press the dough using rolling pan and;
- With a biscuit cutter, cut the shapes. Bake it at 190 degrees Celsius for 5 to 12 minutes or until it reached light golden brown color.